Thursday, October 31, 2013

Closet Re-do

I've been working on the girl's bedroom since Summer and I'm ready to post a few pictures, finally!  I'm so close to being finished and I'm loving how it's turning out!  I'll start with the closet re-do first.

Here are the Before pics...

  It's a really good sized closet.  Plenty of space for two "tween" girls.
I didn't get a shot with the hanging racks still in there.
It had the cheap, metal shelving on one side and across the top of the back.  It got a little too much weight on there and just ripped right out.  It was definitely in need of some repairs!

And here is how it looks now...


 Taylor picked out the paint color and I put the shelving unit together.  It's from Home Depot and probably would have gone in much faster and neater if I had just waited for the husband to do it, but then again, it might never have gotten done at all if I had done that!  Sometimes you just have to do things yourself!
 I went to IKEA for the wall organizers.  I had no idea what I was looking for when I got there, but as soon as I saw these I knew they were perfect!  The bathroom in this room is really small so I wanted to keep as many hair and nail products out of there as I could.  This system has kept it all neat and tidy.
 Now, each girl has her own hanging section, shelves, and drawers.  The drawers are expensive ($60 each!) so I just bought a couple for now and I'll pick up more later.  The space between the top and bottom drawers on the right side is the perfect size for a laundry basket.  The bins are from Target and are great for holding leggings, sport bras, volleyball shorts, etc..  


 I'm really happy with the way the whole thing turned out and the girls have been pretty good about keeping it organized.  I got rid of their two dressers in the bedroom so I am trying to get them to hang more things than they are used to.  Somehow, "hang it up" seems to translate to, "throw it on the closet floor"  quite a bit.  Typical.


No comments:

Post a Comment