Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Cloth

  My Mom would tell you that she is not "crafty", but she can't hide from it.  She needlepoints, she sews (well, she USED to sew...and she taught ME how to sew!), and she has a great eye for decorating.  You should see the Christmas pillows she made this year!  So, back when she was newly married to my Dad, she cut out some pictures from a coloring book and traced them onto felt and then covered them with sequins.  She never really new what to do with them but I remember getting the felts out at Christmas every year and loving them.  Last year, she made them into a Christmas Cloth for me.  She needlepointed "ornaments" for the whole family, then put the sequins felts and the ornaments on this beautiful cloth.  The whole thing is gorgeous and so special to me!  It is the perfect size for my dining room table!
The cloth is satin and trimmed with gold tassles.
See how the Angel, the reindeer and the tree are all sequins?  Isn't it great?!?! 
She made the ornaments from needlepoint and used a metallic thread so the whole thing really sparkles at night with a soft light on it.
See how she added the sailfish ornament for Bill?  Love it!  The little gift box is for me.
I hate to put it away!
No... she's not crafty! :)  Thanks Mom!
   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stephanie, Great to see you tonight (at my 20th birthday celebration, ha ha!). Just wanted to give you my blog address...and also I think I do remember what you were talking about me writing something on Facebook about my sister...I wrote something about her being "hot", and a picture of her, right?
    Talk to you soon!
    http://tytjregan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete